Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Special Gifts, And A Great Swap

You may remember THIS POST last year, when I showed you an amazing gift that my daughter got from her friend Andy for her 21st birthday. Well, he's outdone himself this year. I hesitate to call these dollar bills origami, because they are so much more intricate. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves...


A camera, because my daughter is a photographer and collects them.

A koi fish. Notice how he lined up the pattern on the dollar bill to make "eyes". Aren't they amazing?! The fish took him 5 hours.

He even made "scales" on the fish.


Each were made from one dollar bill. No cutting or pasting. Just folding. I know. You're speechless, aren't you?

Now to the package that I received today from my swap partner over at Ravelry, Duchess of Gravity. She sent an amazing package that really made my day! See that green and blue yarn? She hand dyed it! And the other gifts are just as wonderful. Yup, there's a frog in there. And a Glow Sheep!

This tea is delicious. It's a new product that she picked up at the Celestial Seasonings factory. Brand new, not even out yet.


By the way...the Glow Sheep? It really does!

Update: See that little tin of Altoids with my swap stash? I was putting it in my purse, and noticed that it didn't rattle at all. I opened it, and found a collection of vintage buttons! My swap partner did her homework. I read in her note that she included some buttons, but I just figured she forgot to pack them. What a nice surprise. Thanks again!

No comments: